Navigate Up
Sign In

Interreg North – West Europe Cooperation Programme 2014-2020

 

 

Interreg North West Europe is a European Territorial Cooperation programme with the ambition to make the North-
West Europe area a key economic player and an attractive place to work and live, with high levels of innovation, sustainability and cohesion.
 
Like the other fourteen European transnational cooperation programmes, the Programme encourages public, private, scientific and civil society organisations to cooperate in order to improve the economic, environmental, social and territorial development of Europe's regions.
 
 
Eligible countries: Ireland, United Kingdom, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and parts of France, Germany and the Netherlands.
 
 
Although Malta is not one of the countries forming part of this Programme, Maltese entities may still participate in project as long as
 
     The operation is for the benefit of the programme area;
     The total amount allocated under the cooperation programme to operations located outside the Union part of the programme area does not exceed 20% of the support from the ERDF at programme level;
     The obligations of the managing and audit authorities in relation to management, control and audit concerning the operation are fulfilled by the cooperation programme authorities, or they enter into agreements with authorities in the Member State or third country or territory in which the operation is implemented.”
 
 
Budget: Total Budget to Finance Projects - €370 million European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
 
Co-Funding Rate – 60% (Projects need to provide the remaining 40%)
 
Sectors:Business & SME Development
Climate change
Cultural Heritage
Public Sector
Research & Innovation
Technological Development
 
Potential Beneficiaries: Any organisation (public or private)